If you want to report a pot hole or other road defect then you can report it directly to Somerset Highways via this link:
If you want to see the web page giving details of all highways structural maintenance work for this financial year, you can see it via this link:
21 June 2019ONE NEW COUNCILLOR - TWO REMAINING SPACES!
At the june 14th meeting, John Harvey was co-opted as a Councillor to Walton parish Council -
two spaces remain
If you would also like to be considered for co-option then please contact the parish clerk [ firstname.lastname@example.org / 07399040667 ] as soon as possible for information... or you can talk to any of the existing councillors:
Naomi Johnson, Richard Crossman, Callum Child, John Harvey, Simon Loader, Bob Musgrave & Elaine Nelson
21 June 2019INTERIM PLANNING MEETING
THERE WILL BE AN INTERIM PLANNING MEETING OF WALTON PARISH COUNCIL ON FRIDAY 28TH JUNE AT 7PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL LOUNGE - THREE PLANNING APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED [SEE BELOW] AND, AS WITH ALL PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS, THE PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND AND MAKE COMMENT
- REF: 2019/1484/PAA – PRIOR APPROVAL FOR A PROPOSED CHANGE OF USE OF AN AGRICULTURAL BUILDING TO 3 BED SINGLE STOREY DWELLING – SOUTH BARN, RIGGISTON BARNS, RIGGISTON FARM MAIN STREET WALTON BA16 9RN
- REF: 2019/1284/CLE – APLCATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF LAWFULL DEVELOPMENT FOR THE USE OF LAND AS A CARVAN SITE – SAM’S YARD ALLOTMENT DROVE WALTON BA16 9SE
- REF: 2019/1416/CLP – APPLICATION FOR A PROPOSED LAWFUL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF EXISTING CONSERVATORY WITH A SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION – 32 HEMPITTS ROAD WALTON SOMERSET BA16 9QS
14 June 2019annual governance and accountability return
Smaller authority name: WALTON PARISH COUNCIL SOMERSET
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement 14TH June 2019 (a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Helen Moore, Walton Parish Clerk, 21 Bere Lane Glastonbury BA6 8BD
07399 040 667
commencing on (c) Monday 17 June 2019
and ending on (d) Friday 26 July 2019
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) Helen Moore – Clerk & RFO
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice which must be not less than 1 day before the date in (c) below
(b) Insert name, position and address/telephone number/ email address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the accounts
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1 day after the date of announcement in (a) above and at least 30 working days before the date appointed in (d) below
(d) The inspection period between (c) and (d) must be 30 working days inclusive and must include the first 10 working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person placing the notice – this person must be the responsible financial officer for the smaller authority
11 June 2019June 14th Parish Council Meeting
June 14th Parish Council meeting - 7pm in the village hall lounge
At this parish council meeting there will be a short presentation by the Mens Shed - recently moved to Walton from Street.
The newly elected District Councillor Matthew Martin will be attending to give a report and answer questions,
and the event horizon planning application Whitley / Stagmans Lane will be considered.
The full agenda can be viewed and downloaded from the parish council's information page here: library.asp
11 June 2019new consultation abofofut Hinkley point
Nuclear power: Hinkley Point
Information and reports about Hinkley Point nuclear power station.
2:53pm, 7 June 2019: Consultation on proposed changes to how cooling water is taken from the Severn Estuary by Hinkley Point C nuclear power station extended to 26 July 2019.
22 May 2019You are invited...
Friday 24th May is the Annual Meeting of the parish...
Come to the village hall at 7pm this Friday to see displays from many village groups running events and regular meetings in the village... including the new men's shed, WI, Walton textiles group, the Brownies & Short mat bowls
This is an opportunity to see and celebrate what goes on in Walton, there will also be refreshments and time to just socialise with friends.
So accept this invitation and come and join us - from 7pm at Walton Village Hall
14 May 2019vacancy for Councillors
09 April 2019TRAFFIC CHAOS
The traffic chaos caused by the closure of Main Street Walton has been reported to both Somerset County Council Highways and the specific contractor.
It is hoped that additional signage will be installed as a matter of urgency...
as at 4.45pm Tuesday- the PCSO is now in attendance
updates will follow if more information is received
05 April 2019Monthly Parish Council Meeting
The next monthly parish council meeting will be on 12th April 2019. The agenda may be seen below. A clearer and downloadable copy of the agenda can be found here: library.asp
Monthly Meeting of Walton Parish Council
Friday 12th April 2019
at 7:00pm in the Village Hall lounge.
- To accept apologies for absence
- To confirm minutes of the previous meetings Friday 8th March 2019
Disclosure of any undeclared interests and notification of dispensations granted
- declarations of interests in speaking on agenda items
- Opportunity for Residents to raise issues/concerns not on this agenda for consideration at a future meeting
- To receive reports
- Cllrs. with areas of responsibility etc. if action required
- Play Area – To consider required maintenance works
- Greening Walton Project To receive an update report & agree any action required
- Dog Waste around the parish – to receive a report and consider any action required.
- Relocation of defibrillator -To consider a proposal from the Walton Trust
- To receive and consider approval of the Monthly Financial Report
- Annual Governance and accountability return
- To consider authorisation of the payment schedule
- To consider grant application received from the Somerset Wood project
- Roads, Traffic, Footpaths:
To consider reports & agree any action required including an update on the Royal Oak footpath
- To receive any planning decisions reported.
- Planning Applications received for consideration as at date of agenda
2019/0462/HSE | First floor extension on existing bungalow including installation of balcony to first floor rear elevation. | 65 Main Street Walton BA16 9QQ
2019/0547/APP | Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 8 (Surface water drainage) and 9 (foul drainage) on planning consent 2018/0756/VRC. | 144 Main Street Walton BA16 9QX
- Planning concerns reported to Council
- Digital mapping to consider report supplied a previous meeting
- Annual Meeting of the Parish To agree REVISED DATE, format & Arrangements
- Dates of upcoming meetings, training & events.