If you want to report a pot hole or other road defect then you can report it directly to Somerset Highways via this link:
12 June 2018Interim Planning Meeting - Wednesday 20th June
There will be an interim planning meeting on Wednesday 20th June in the village hall lounge at 7pm.
INTERIM Planning Meeting
Walton Parish Council
Wednesday 20th June at 7:00pm
in Walton Village Hall lounge.
- Councillors Disclosure of any undeclared interests and
notification of dispensations granted
- Residents declarations of interest in speaking on agenda
To consider and resolve the council’s response to the following planning applications:
Land South of Long Lane Walton BA16 9RQ
Change of use of land to 2 No. Gypsy pitches and associated works including 2 No. Mobile homes, 2 No. touring caravans, 1 No. double day room, 2 No. septic tanks, hardstanding, and new access.
Land at 345663 136645 Whitley Lane Walton Somerset
Proposed construction of livestock building, dairy parlour & slurry lagoon
Close of meeting.
08 June 2018monthly mparish council meeting tonight
Meeting of Walton Parish Council
Friday JUNE 8TH 2018 at 7:00pm in the Village Hall lounge.
- James Heapey MP – re A39 / A361 and Central Somerset / M5 links
- To accept apologies for absence
- To confirm minutes of the previous meeting
- Councillors :
- disclosure of any undeclared interests and notification of dispensations granted
- Residents :
- declarations of interests in speaking on agenda items
- Opportunity for Residents to raise issues/concerns not on this agenda for consideration at a future meeting
- To receive the County Councillors & District Councillors Reports
- To receive the Police Community Support Officer’s Report
- Meadow Lane Village play area
To consider the replacement of safety surface surrounding wooden play trail
- To receive and consider approval of the Monthly Financial Report[s]
- To consider authorisation of the Invoices & Standing Orders for payment schedule
- Roads, Traffic, Footpaths - to consider reports & agree any action required
- The Royal Oak footpath project
- Potholes and road surfaces
- Feed back from A361 committe
- To receive any planning decisions reported.
- Planning Applications received for consideration as at date of agenda
144 Main Street Walton Street BA16 9QX 2018/1135/APP | Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 (external facing materials), conditions 4 (external facing stonework), 5 (external joinery), 6 (ducts, pipes and RWG) on planning permission 2017/1640/FUL.
- To consider any general planning concerns including enforcement
- Walton Villager Award
- Dates of upcoming meetings & events.
- Next parish council meeting Friday 13th July 2018
AFTER THE MEETING HAS CLOSED:
Future planning –
Opportunity to discuss & consider ideas and proposals in order to develop a general three to five year plan for Walton Parish Council
01 June 2018annual financial return
If you want to view the parish council annual financial return for the financial year 2017-2018 then the documents can be viewed on the council information page [see the menu on the left of this page] under financial information.
17 May 2018Rowcliffe's [pursey's] planning
There will be an interim meeting of Walton Parish Council to consider the planning application as outlined in the earlier news article.
The meeting will be on Tuesday 29th MAY 2018 in the village hall lounge at 7pm - all residents are welcome to attend
17 May 2018Annual Meeting of the Parish TONIGHT
Annual Meeting of the Parish with Entertainment and displays by the village school, refreshments and lots more
Free at the Village Hall from 7pm
17 May 2018LIBRARY CONSULTATION
Somerset County Council
Time is running out to have your say
The proposals highlight that for 15 libraries, community support may be required to keep library buildings open.
These include Your Local Library at Street
Anyone with an interest in Somerset’s libraries has one more month to take part in the County Council’s consultation on the future of its Library Service.
The consultation ends on Wednesday 13 June and more than 4,000 responses have been received so far.
Somerset County Council is keen for anyone yet to complete the questionnaire to go online at www.somerset.gov.uk/librariesconsultation, view the proposal on the future of the library they visit most often and give their feedback. Alternatively, complete the survey at your local library.
Decision makers want to know the impact potential changes to the library service would have on you, your family and communities. It also provides an opportunity to comment on the proposals and make alternative suggestions.
Councillor David Hall, Somerset County Council’s Cabinet Member with responsibility for libraries, said: “With just a month to go before the library consultation ends, I encourage anyone who has yet to have their say to complete a questionnaire and make their voice count. It’s important to us as many people as possible tell us their views on our proposals and how they may affect them before we make our final decision.”
A final decision on Somerset’s library service is expected later this year.
09 May 2018planning to the rear of rowcliffe's garage
development to the rear of Rowcliffe's garage [formally Pursey's]
There are revised documents regarding this application on the Mendip District Council website - a summery of the revisions are contained within a revised Design & Access statement submitted by the applicant. A copy of this can be viewed here: index.asp?pageid=496593
The full documentation can be viewed at the MDC planning portal using the link below
04 May 2018ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 11TH MAY
THERE IS ONE PLANNING APPLICATION UP FOR CONSIDERATION AT THIS MEETING
2018/0827/HSE ROOF CONVERSION WITH DORMER WINDOWS, DEMOLITION OF SUN ROOM TO REAR & LINK EXTENSION AT REAR & REPLACE WITH SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION
2 MILDRED ROAD WALTON
THE FULL AGENDA OF THE MEETING CAN BE VIEWED ON THE COUNCIL INFORMATION INFORMATION PAGE HERE: library.asp