Walton Parish Council is a consultee on planning applications within the parish. All applications are considered at open meetings of the parish, the agendas of which can be found on the council information page of this website.
You are more than welcome to attend these meetings and submit your opinions - or you can email or write to the parish council or contact us via this website if you prefer.
There is/are currently  application[s] due to be considered at the
JULY 17th interim planning meeting meeting of WALTON PARISH COUNCIL
This is a virtual meeting due to the current COVID19 pandemic restrictions – if you want to ‘attend’, the ZOOM meeting ID number is 375 021 9894 with the password: Council
If you have any questions, please email
The Clerk [Helen Moore] firstname.lastname@example.org
Or the Chairman [John Harvey] email@example.com
APPLICATION NUMBER 2020/1294/OTS
Application for Outline planning permission with some matters reserved for the extension of Street Business park comprising B1 Business, B2 General Industry, B8 Storage or distribution, Residential Car Home and extra care (Use ClassC2), Food and drink (use class A3/A4/A5), Construction of a new arm to the A39 Quarry Batch, A39 West Way and West End junction, associated internal access roads and paths, parking and service areas with details of access.
Land at 347021 136787 Gravenchon Way Street Somerset
Documents for all applications
can be viewed online at the Mendip District Council Website, [click on this link: http://www.mendip.gov.uk/mendipplanning and use the application number shown above ]
you can make an appointment with the parish clerk, Helen, to view a copy -
they will also be available at the Walton parish council meeting at which they are to be considered.
If you wish to express a comment about a planning application you can do so in the following ways:
- Write to Mendip District Council: Mendip District Council Planning, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 5BT
- Respond directly online: Via the Mendip district council website www.mendip.gov.uk following the links to planning.
- Email to Mendip District Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your District Councillor: email@example.com
- Write or email the Parish Council: Walton Parish Council Clerk, 21 Bere Lane Somerset BA6 8BT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Parish Council Meeting at which the application will be discussed: Look at the agenda which will be available at least three days in advance of the meeting on all village notice boards and this website.
N.B. you must include the planning application number on any correspondence to Mendip - this will be on any notices about the application, [such as above] but it can also be obtained by contacting the Walton Parish Clerk - 07399040667